Welcome to US Coal Corporation
US Coal Corporation produces coal in Central Appalachia. Our operations are located in eastern KY, with barge and rail access to most utilities in the eastern U.S.
High quality, low-sulfur steam coal in Central Appalachia
US Coal controls mining rights to approximately 80,000 acres primarily located on two large footprint properties. Proven reserves/resources are approximately 67 million tons, with an ongoing exploration program.
US Coal Corporation's Management Team
US Coal Corporation’s management team has more than 100 years of combined industry experience. Their experience encompasses all aspects of the mining industry, including property management, planning and engineering, mining, processing, marketing, transportation and finance.
- Reclamation Award!
- Press Releases
- NEWS EVENTS
- 09 15 2011
- 2011 Commissioners Award for Excellence in Reclamation
- 01 01 2010
- 2009 safety record once again superior to the industry standard.
- 08 01 2009
- Transitioned from contractor to company-operated surface mines at Licking River Resources.
- 12 31 2008
- Constructed a new coal preparation facility and installed 3 auger samplers for quality control.
- 12 31 2008
- Deployed a state-of-the-art Superior Highwall Miner that maximizes recovery at a low cost.
- 04 01 2008
- Acquired JAD Coal Company
- 01 31 2007
- Acquired Licking River Resources
- Experienced management
- Two large CAPP properties
- Proven coal reserves/resources
- Permits in place
- Advantageous logistics
- Diverse utility customer base
- Expanding organically
- Expanding through acquisitions
- Coal preparation facilities
- Competitive mining ratios
- Low cost HWM opportunities
- Experienced marketing team